Slime can be such a relaxing, calming, and regulating activity. Some people like to keep their hands busy, which can help them to focus. Slime is an awesome stress relieving tool, and is a fun brain break from school work! Slime engages creativity, planning, and focus in the creation process., which is an important part of a child's development. Playing with slime and other sensory fidgets (i.e. fidget spinners, stress balls, kinect sandm, squishy toys, tangles, etc.) also allows for practicing mindfullness. Mindfullness is a psychological practice which one brings one's focus and awareness into the present experience. Mindfullness practices that are nulti-sensory can enhance this experience. The benefits of mindfullness include but are not limited to: promoting relaxation and well being; reducing stress, anxiety, apathy and agitation; improving mood; and distracting challenging behavior and boredom.
Other Therapeutic Benefits:
- Bulids and strengthen nerve connections in the developing brain's neural pathways, which fosters a child's willingness and ability to do complex tasks.
- Facilitates teh development of language, gross and fine motor skills, and problem-solving skills. It also helps develop and enrich memory.
- Promotes social interaction, which improves social and commucation skills.
- Can calm a child who is anxious and frustrated.
- Helps children develop the ability to focus on what's important, tuning out irrelevant stimuli (or "white noise") in the environment.
- Great for children with special needs or sensory processing disorders, who may benefit from less traditional methods of learning.